To export membership information, select Members from the main menu and Export Membership Information from the tool bar.
At the top of the page is a link to select which group of members you would like to export. Below that is a list of all the fields you can export. When you select the fields, they will appear on the right-hand-side pane for you to order by dragging and dropping in to place (you can select multiple fields to move at the same time by holding down the CTRL button).
Below the list of your fields are the system fields:
Date added - The date in which the member was added to the system.
Lead member first and name - This identifies who the lead member is for linked members.
Lead member ID - A further reference to the lead member when exporting linked members.
Identify lead member - this puts a YES value against the lead members name so you can identify who is the lead member.
Group names - Selecting this option will publish the group names members are in. You can choose how you want the group name(s) to appear in the exported file:
- Option 1 - Display selected group names in one column in the exported file – when exporting to a spreadsheet, this concatenates all group names in to one cell, under the column heading ‘Group names’. For example, if the member is in the Annual Membership Group and the Committee Group, in the exported file, the group names will appear in one cell as 'Annual Membership, Committee'.
- Option 2 - Display selected group names in separate columns – when exporting to a spreadsheet, this splits out all group names in to different cells. Each group name will have its own column. This makes it possible to filter data for specific groups in the exported file.
- Option 3 - Display member data for selected groups in separate rows – members can be associated to multiple groups and the data fields in each group can be different. So rather than a consolidated view of all data for all groups in one row, you can split out each group’s data in to their own rows. When you select this option in conjunction with exporting the membership expiry date, the membership expiry date will appear in it’s own column, allowing you to easily filter on the date.
Membership expiry date - this field is available for Subscription Groups that auto-renew (ie. rolling renewals) and the value is calculated by the formula of: Expiry date = next payment date minus 1 day. When you select this field, the group name field is automatically selected. Select Option 3 when publishing group names in conjunction with the Membership expiry date field (see explanation above).
Pre-approval status - Whether the member has pre-authorised payments.
Pre-approval key - This is the reference number of the pre-authorisation agreement.
Pre-approval expiry date - When the pre-authorisation agreement expires.
PSO Member reference number - This is a unique number assigned to each member. Useful as a mapping reference when mass updating members details.
The file can be exported in three formats: a) Spreadsheet - TAB separated file (recommended). b) Spreadsheet - Comma separated file (CSV. Only use if you are sure you have no commas in your data) c) Text file.
- Give the ability to save an export criteria (as per functionality of the export feature in the payment reports.
- When the administrator selects the group(s) to be exported, give an option to add all the fields related to the group(s) to the list of fields in the right hand side pane.
- Add all system groups to the list of exportable groups.