In the scenario where an Optional Extra has been setup not to automatically renew and you want to 'renew' the Optional Extra, the process is as follows:
- Hover over the 'Subscription Options' menu option on the main menu bar and select 'Optional Extras'.
- Adjacent to the Optional Extra name you would like to renew, click on 'Renew'.
- Rename the Optional Extra, edit the cost (if necessary) and select whether you wish to review / edit the other settings of the Optional Extra. If you are editing the settings, click on 'Save and finish' when done. If you choose not to review / edit the settings, click on 'Next'.
- You have two options to renew:
a) Renew all members in the 'old' Optional Extra or
b) Renew only the paid up members in the 'old' Optional Extra
Those most likely to renew are those that have paid before so we would recommend you select Option B unless you have removed all those members that did not pay last time. Click on 'Next' after you have made your choice.
- Select whether you want to:
a) Schedule the payment requests now
Select this option to generate the payment request(s) now or schedule the request to be sent at a later date.
The options you have when selecting to request payment are described here (the page that loads when you select this option is the same as Financials > Payment request(s) waiting to be scheduled).
If you have scheduled the payment request to go out in the future (ie. not the current date), then the request will appear in the Upcoming Payment Report where you can edit the details further if required.
If you have set the request to go out 'now', details of the payment request will appear in Financials > Payment reports within a few minutes of completing the process.
b) Schedule the payment requests later
Select this option to schedule the payment request another time. When you are ready, you can access the payment requests under Financials > Payment request(s) waiting to be scheduled.
c) No payment request(s) required
Select this option if you want to add members to the Optional Extra but not request payment.
After you have sent out the renewal requests to your members you may wish to delete the old Optional Extras (Subscription Options > Optional Extras > Delete). Deleting the old categories will not affect information in the Payment reports.